Creating an HTML email signature can be a deceivingly difficult process. After having to tackle this issue a number of times this is the best method I have found to get the correct formatting.
- Start with a clean HTML file. You only want the divs for your signature.
- Save to your desktop and view it in your browser.
- Use in-line styles and link to external images for any logos or graphics.
- When the format is correct you want to use a browser on Windows and Outlook.
- Select the formatted details in your browser then copy and paste it into Outlook. As you know Microsoft does preserve a lot of hidden formatting when you cut and paste into their products. You may have experience headaches with Word doing a lot of crazy formatting. But in this case it is helping us preserve the formatting for your signature.
- Send a test email out with your updated signature and view it in various email clients to confirm the formatting is correct.